International Rescue Committee
About the Role
ESL Mentors work one-on-one with refugees and special immigrants to help improve their English skills.
- Lead one-on-one sessions using ESL training materials
- Assist students with workplace- and home-related vocabulary and pronunciation
- Basic computer skills and understanding of virtual platforms (Facebook Live, Zoom, etc.) preferred
- English fluency is required.
- Ideal candidates will have tutoring experience or experience in education; students who are pursuing a certificate in TESOL are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Experience with video conferencing programs such as Zoom or Facebook Live preferred.
- Complete an online application found here.
Adults > 18 only